For those of you who don’t always want to drink Zenbev or are avoiding liquids before bed, here is a quick and delicious bed time snack that pairs perfectly with Zenbev!
Remember when homemade applesauce was just part of Fall? Somehow it seems like there were a lot more orchards with apple trees or chances to purchase local apples years ago. Applesauce is a great way to use up windfall apples, apples that have been hanging around a bit too long or those that have some blemishes.
-7-10 apples, any variety will do but we like Macintosh, Courtlands and Royal Gala for taste and texture
-¼ cup brown sugar
-2 tbsps. lemon juice or squeeze of half a lemon
-½ cup water
-5 inch cinnamon stick
-1-2 tablespoons of Lemon Zenbev
– Pinch of salt
1. Peel and core apples. Cut into eights.
2. Place in a saucepan with water and add all other ingredients.
3. Bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling stir ingredients and reduce to low.
4. Simmer for half an hour or until the apples are soft. Remove from heat and cool.
5. Mash apples to a puree with a potato masher or stir until you achieve the texture you want.
6. Keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.